spoon

My Favorites from 2011

Category:

My blog is officially 1 year old!  I'm pretty happy with the results of this year, although November and December were pretty difficult for me to keep up.  I was cooking, but unable to get posts up.  However, I've learned from the experience and next year I will begin prepping posts early to appear in that time period.

I plan to get the new year started off with a new recipe this week, but in the meantime I thought I'd share with you my favorites from 2011.  What makes a recipe my favorite?  Generally, favorites get repeated, so that's how I went about choosing 2011 favorites.  So without further adieu:

Garbanzos and Smoked Sausage - This was a by far one of most repeated recipes of the year. Since I first made this back in May, it has been a huge hit in our house.  In fact, it was our New Year's Eve dinner.


Ina's Seafood Stew - I first made this a few years ago and save it for special occasions.  I've made it numerous times, including Christmas Day.


Lighter Vegetable Quiche - I made several versions of quiche this year, but I'm choosing this one because it's the base recipe for the rest of them.  We all know quiche isn't light,  so I was quite happy to produce this "lighter" version using cottage cheese.  This is a great make ahead recipe for workday breakfasts.


Chicken Cacciatore - A great, healthy recipe that is always a hit in our house and easy prep for a weeknight meal.  It's also impressive enough for guests.



Honey Mustard Coleslaw - A simple recipe that we've enjoyed often, including just a few weeks ago.  Who says you can only eat coleslaw in summer?


Banana Oat Bread - My go-to banana bread when the bananas aren't looking so fresh.  I love that this recipe contains all healthy ingredients.


Italian Drip Beef - Quite possibly the easiest recipe to make.


Arroz Con Pollo - Jessica helped me fill a void in my Latin cooking skills.


Beef Stroganoff - My last favorite, but certainly not my least, is a go-to which I've learned to make on the stovetop and in the crockpot.


I thought I'd end with the most viewed post of the year (your favorite?), even though I only made them once.  Coconut Ginger Lime Oatmeal Muffins - These are a great, not-to-sweet flavor combination I created and make a fantastic on-the-go breakfast.
 

Wishing you all a Happy New Year and good things to come in 2012!

Comments (2)

Your Chicken Cacciatore is one of my favorites! Too bad my sister doesn't make it enough for me...

Happy one year blog-versary! Very successful endeavor it was!

http://www.thegirlieblog.com