spoon

What's Baking: Bake in Season with Spring Produce

Category: , , ,

As I mentioned in my last post, this month was my turn to host What's Baking! I was so excited to be hosting at a time when Spring produce is at its finest! Our farmer's markets are starting to open around here and I'm always looking for ways to use the produce we find. At some point I hope to make everything submitted this month, and I hope something in this round-up inspires you to seek out Spring produce at your local farmer's market. There are so many great posts this month!


First up, we have Hezzi-D's Baked Penne with Roasted Vegetables. I love that Heather went with a savory meal option. I cannot wait to see these vegetables show up at the farmer's market!

Next up is Beantown Baker's Raspberry Rhubarb Muffins. Jen's blog is one of my go-to's when I'm looking for baking ideas. 'I see these muffins in my near future, a great way to use of the extra rhubarb I put in the freezer.


Here we have a first time participant, Newlywed and Newly Cooking's Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp with Almond Streusel looks delicious. Joanna also provides us a little comic relief in the form of a kitchen mishap, something I'm sure we can all relate to!


Another first time participant here, Pursuing Domestic Goddess-ness' Savory Cheese and Chive Bread. Catherine was happy to put her chive plant to good use, and gives us a tip on how to prepare fiddleheads.


Just Baked's Brown Sugar Berry Shortcakes takes the traditional shortcakes to another level with the addition of brown sugar.


Next up we have Jenna's Cooking Journey's Blueberry Lemon Loaf from another first time participant. I absolutely love that we have so many new participants this month!


Sweet Beginnings' Pineapple Zucchini Bread is a recipe I've made before. I save shredded zucchini in my freezer every year so I can make it again! Jaida, thanks for the reminder!

We had another blueberry entry from Yudith. Blissfully Delicious' Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake is an indication to me that it is perfectly fine to eat cake for breakfast!


Eva Bakes' Strawberry Greek Frozen Yogurt reminds us that Spring produce can be enjoyed cold as well!

Strawberries were popular this month as evidenced by Our Share of the Harvest's Strawberry Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting. I wish Lindsey was able to box them up and ship them to me!


Love the creativity in Melissa's entry. I wonder if I Was Born to Cook's Strawberry "Donut" Bundt Cake could be considered breakfast?!


Another popular choice this month was rhubarb. Stephanie brings us Brownies and Blondies' Berry Rhubarb Pie which she adapted based on the berries currently available (or preserved from previous seasons).


Amanda is lucky enough to have peaches in season! Our Italian Kitchen's Stuffed Baked Peaches look like they would make a simple, yet elegant ending to any special dinner.


Sandra didn't have luck finding anything in season, but she did use local apples. Check out She Cooks and Bakes' Homemade Cranberry Apple Granola.


And lastly, I made Strawberry Rhubarb Dessert Bars


To all the ladies who participated, thank you for making this month's What's Baking a success!

Comments (6)

Thank you for hosting, Ammie! Everything looks so good!

I agree, everything looks great! I wish I could make them all, right now!

Thanks for hosting the round-up Ammie! They all look crazy delicious! How does one even begin to choose what to make first? :D

I want to make those muffins!

Yeah, I want to make the muffins, and the peaches, and the pasta, and...and...It really will be hard to choose what to make first!

Ammie, thanks for hosting the round up. Everything looks delicious, but I especially love the rhubarb bars, I may have some frozen one that I can put to use! :)