spoon

Easy Crockpot Pulled Pork

Category: , , ,

I am in a rut. A dinner rut. As a result my blog is suffering. I'm struggling with the transition from winter to Spring/Summer. It feels like Spring/Summer, however, the produce I am craving isn't here yet. I'm hoping within the next few weeks we'll start to see some fresh local produce in our area. However, I couldn't allow this rut to continue a few more weeks. Fortunately, this week I was able to snap out of it and as a result, today I come bearing gifts. Sorry, I don't mean a giveaway, I mean recipes to share.


This recipe resulted in a mildly flavored pork, which really let the meat flavor shine through. I served the pork as is on challah rolls, but you could opt to add a barbeque sauce if you prefer.

Since this makes a ton of food, you'll want to keep your eye out for ideas to use the leftovers. Or pop the leftovers in the freezer and you'll have an easy weeknight meal on a busy day!

Here is what you'll need:
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  •  1 (4-6 lb) boneless pork butt or shoulder
  • 2 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
  • 2 tsp kosher salt
  • ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
  • ¾ cup cider vinegar
  • 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • ½ teaspoons dry mustard
Place onion in crockpot, then place pork on top.

Mix all other ingredients in a mixing bowl. Pour over roast.

Cook on high 10 hours.

When roast is done it will shred easily with a fork. Shred all the meat and mix well to allow the meat to absorb the juices. Serves 8+.

Source: Adapted from My Baking Addition

Comments (3)

Looks great! I looked thru your recipes and didn't see the one for the coleslaw. Do you have that too?

Everything I make from pork serves an army!

I have a honey mustard coleslaw post, but I've yet to post my everyday coleslaw.