spoon

Barbeque Pulled Pork and Smoked Gouda Potatoes

Category: , ,

Remember the Easy Crockpot Pulled Pork recipe? I was searching for ways to use the leftovers, aside from more sandwiches. As I browsed through Pinterest a Barbeque Chicken Baked Potato popped up and my dinner was planned. There was one problem though, I didn't have any barbeque sauce and really didn't want to go to the store.


I found and easy barbeque recipe online (coming soon), threw it together while the potatoes cooked in the microwave (gotta love the baked potato button!) and dinner came together in a snap. You really don't need to measure, just use all ingredients to your taste.

Since this was such a satisfying quick meal, I portioned the pulled pork and barbeque sauce in small containers in the freezer to have on hand for my next hectic day (or when I get in another dinner rut!).

Here is what you need:
  • 2 medium baked potatoes (or 1 ginormous one cut in half)
  • 1/2 cup barbeque sauce
  • 2 cups cooked pulled pork
  • 1/4 cup shredded smoked gouda
  • 2 tsp chopped scallions
While the potatoes are in their last 15 minutes of baking (or while they cook in the microwave), place the barbeque sauce and pulled pork in a small pan over medium high heat.

To assemble, split potato in half, pile on the pork, top with cheese and sprinkle with scallions. Serves 2.

Source: Inspired by Once Upon a Cutting Board

Comments (2)

I don't have pulled pork, but I do have cuban pork that would be great on a potato.

Sounds like your improvisations turned into a fantastic meal! I love the idea of using smoked gouda, and I bet the homemade bbq sauce made a big difference in flavour!