spoon

How Does My Garden Grow: Mid-May

Category:


5 varieties of tomatoes
I'm starting something new on my blog. Every few weeks I plan to post an update on my garden. Today I'm starting by showing you around my yard so you can see what we have growing around here. Since I live in New England, we get a later start than most parts of the country, however, we had a warmer than usual start to spring, so we were able to get our plants in early this year.

This year we have a combination of plants grown from seed (by JR) and seedlings which we purchased from a local nursery. We also have a few perennials which we've been able to keep alive for a few years now.

There is a long story behind the raspberry bushes which I could not get started for several years, but now I have a big mess on my hands. If you have advice for how to maintain raspberries, PLEASE leave me a comment. I'm overwhelmed with them.

Without further adieu, I introduce to you my garden.

Snow peas, 2 varieties of romaine
lettuce, arugula, dill, scallions

Peas, brussel sprouts, tomatillos, eggplant,
radishes, 3 varieties of peppers, spinach

Turnips in 2 different stages of growth, cucumbers
Squash (buttercup, pattypan, spaghetti and zucchini)
Corn (but it doesn't look like it will make it)
Strawberries
Potted rosemary, chives, scallions, thyme, basil, mint and cilantro
Completely out of control black raspberries

Comments (3)

This is GREAT! I just went by on my way bringing E to work, and stopping for a few mins to see the grandsons. I would have stopped, but had to get a move on. A long list of goals today, including,,,,,ready???? Planting our veggie garden! (of course) It's no where near as large or varied as yours, but it's cool and we are excited!! It's symbolic of tending to things,,,,growing,,,roots,,etc. I am thinking about your black raspberries,,,,

I miss having a garden.

Hope you were able to get your garden in Sandy!

TG, I hope you are able to have one again at some point.