spoon

Quinoa Corncakes

Category: , , ,

Recently a question was discussed on an online cooking community I belong to.  Do you blog everything you make, or do you only blog foods you really like?  I definitely don't, and don't intend to, blog everything I make.  However, I began pondering this question again this morning as I was eating these Quinoa Corncakes. 


Earlier this week I saw this recipe posted by Prevention RD.  Since I've found my love for quinoa last year, and I knew I liked corncakes, I thought these were a no brainer for me and I needed to make them, soon.  So this morning I set out to make them, following the recipe she posted exactly as it is.


Well, I'm not really sure how I feel about them.  They aren't bad, I ate two as I tried to figure them out, but I can't quite figure out if I like them.  They are definitely healthy, and I will finish eating the batch for breakfasts this week, but I don't know if they are something I'd make again.  The quinoa adds a nice texture, but I think the whole wheat flour is overpowering the cornmeal.  So why am I posting this you ask?  I simply say just because I don't know how I feel about them, doesn't mean you aren't looking for a new healthy breakfast idea to try.  Plus, you may really like them!

So if you do make these, let me know what you think.  I think the next time I make my regular corncakes, I will experiment with adding quinoa to it and see how I like that.

Update: Prevention RD responded to my comment about the whole wheat flouring overpowering the cornmeal.  We think this is due to the fact that I used whole wheat flour not whole wheat pastry flour as indicated in her recipe.  So I am going to give these another try and will let you know the outcome when I do.

Comments (0)