spoon

Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes

Category: , ,

I wanted to make JR something sweet for Valentine's Day.  He loves peanut butter and cheesecake, but I didn't want to make a whole cheesecake knowing it would be too much for us.  So I thought about making peanut butter cheesecake brownies, but then I remember his dislike of bar-like desserts.  Finally I settled on these Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes.


I halved the original recipe and still ended up with 9, which I don't think he'll have a problem with!

The changes I made are included here:

For the crust:

  • 3/4 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
  • 2 Tbsp butter, melted
  • 9 bite-size peanut butter cups

For the filling:

  • 8 oz. Neufchâtel (reduced fat cream cheese), at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 
  • 1 egg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a cupcake liner in each cup of a standard muffin pan.

To make crust, in a bowl, add graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter and combine until crumbs are moistened. Press crumb mixture into bottom of each cupcake liner. Place 1 peanut butter cup on top of crumb crust and in the center of each cupcake liner.
.
To make filling, beat cream cheese in stand mixer until fluffy. Add sugar, flour, and vanilla and continue beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Spoon cream cheese mixture over peanut butter cups and crumb crusts.

Bake until just set, about 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely before serving.  Serves 6-9.

Comments (0)