spoon

Homemade Chili Powder

Category:

Don't you hate it when you're all set to start cooking and suddenly you realize you are missing an important ingredient?  Yeah, that happened to me when I made enchiladas earlier this week.  At first I thought, "What am I going to do?"  Then I remembered, Google is my friend and I found this recipe.  I figured it was worth trying!


Since I used this in a recipe, I'm not really sure how close the flavoring is to the seasoning I buy will no longer buy.  However, my recipe came out fine.

So this post really isn't so much about the recipe, it's more of a reminder that often we have to improvise in the kitchen, and don't be afraid to do so!  And if it's not a seasoning you use often, why buying it when you have all the ingredients in your cabinet!

Ingredients:
  • 3 Tbsp paprika
  • 1 Tbsp ground cumin
  • 2 Tbsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Mix all ingredients together well. Place in an airtight container. Makes 1/3 cup.

Comments (0)