spoon

Cranberry Orange Mini-Loaves

Category: ,

So I'm struggling with photos, but I'm going to press on.  In theory I figure I can't get worse, I can only get better.  I actually made this recipe for Christmas Eve, and I had thrown a few loaves in the freezer so I figured it was a great opportunity to practice photos.  Plus my blog really needed a baked good!


Every Christmas I make Cranberry Bread and this year when I saw this recipe I knew I needed to try it.    I'm trying to move away from as many processed foods as I can, so this was a perfect fit since it uses fresh cranberries vs. cranberry sauce which is in my usual recipe.

I really liked this bread, it tasted very "fresh", and was a nice change from all the holiday sweets that seem overly sweet (does this make sense?)!

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp grated orange zest
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
  • 1/4 cup margarine, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup orange juice
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour 3 mini loaf pans.

Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Stir in orange zest and cranberries. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar, and egg until smooth.  Stir in orange juice.  Beat in flour mixture until just moistened.

Pour into prepared pans.  Bake for 1 hour, or until the bread springs back when lightly touched.  Let stand 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.  Store wrapped in plastic wrap.  Makes 3 mini loaves.

Comments (0)