spoon

Balsamic Strawberry Coucous Salad

Category: , , , , ,

I just love spring and summer salads.  Today I made 3 of them; fruit salad, potato salad and this Balsamic Strawberry Couscous Salad which I found on Prevention RD blog.  I could have happily eaten spinach, strawberry and goat cheese salad for lunches again this week, however, I decided to switch it up which helps keep me from getting bored.


I made a couple changes to the recipe.  I used black beans, since I had 1/2 a can leftover, and an herbed goat cheese, since I had no fresh herbs on hand.  And since I'm on a spinach kick, that made a perfect bed for this salad.  This is absolutely delicious, and will keep me fueled this week.

My changes are included here:
  • 1 1/3 water
  • 1/2 tsp olive oil
  • salt to taste
  • 1 cup dry couscous, prepared according to directions
  • 2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 2 oz herbed goat cheese, crumbled
  • Baby spinach leaves
  • Scallions for garnish
Bring water, olive oil and salt to a bowl in a small saucepan.  Add couscous, turn off heat, cover and allow to cook 5 minutes.  Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool.

Place strawberries in a large mixing bowl, sprinkle with sugar and balsamic vinegar.  Set aside a few minutes, until couscous is cool.

Add couscous, beans and goat cheese to strawberries, carefully mixing to combine.

Serve over spinach, which a few snips of scallions for garnish.  Serves 4.

Comments (0)