spoon

Peanut Butter Pancakes

Category: ,

Once in a while JR will request breakfast, and since he is not normally a breakfast eater I jump at the chance to fulfill his request. Last weekend he asked if we had peanut butter chips; he wanted peanut butter pancakes. Just so happens, I picked up a big bag a week or so prior.

I wanted to kick up the peanut butter flavor a bit, so I used peanut butter in place of butter in the batter. Topped with a dollop of freshly whipped cream and a drizzle of real maple syrup, you basically have dessert for breakfast! And I don't think that's a bad thing (occasionally)!

I had every intention of getting these on the blog last week, but they were gone before I could get a photo. JR loved these so much he asked for them again Friday, so I snagged a photo quickly before heading out to work. Coming from a non-breakfast guy, 2 requests in one week speaks to just how good these are!

Here is what you'll need:

  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 Tbsp sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 3 Tbsp peanut butter, melted
  • 9 tsp peanut butter chips
  • Stick butter for greasing griddle
Preheat griddle to 325-350F degrees.

Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl.

Beat eggs, milk and melted peanut butter in a small mixing bowl. Add to dry ingredients and whisk until well combined.

Rub one end of the stick of butter over the griddle to grease it.

Drop 1/4 cup scoops of batter onto hot griddle.  Sprinkle 1 tsp of peanut butter chips over each pancake.

Cook first side of pancake for about 3 minutes until bottom is browned and tiny bubbles rise to the top and pop. Flip and cook second side about 2 minutes until browned on the bottom.

Makes 9 pancakes.

Source: Adapted from Rosemary Brown's Big Kitchen Instruction Book

Comments (4)

YUMMM!!!!
Check out my blog: http://bakingcraze.blogspot.ie/

I feel like if I made these they wouldn't stay around long enough to be photographed either.

Try if you dare; you've been warned!

Ooh, I love love love peanut butter! Dessert for breakfast is a-okay with me. :D