spoon

Crockpot Pulled Pork v2.0

Category: , , ,

It's recipe swap reveal day! The theme this time around was Burgers/Sandwiches and I was given Pulled Pork Sandwiches from Dough See Dough. I know what you're thinking, and you're right, this photo is not a sandwich. We did make this into sandwiches, twice, and I didn't get a photo either time. However, I did capture this quesadilla photo which I made from the leftovers.


The photo wasn't my only issue. I had a moment of panic when I smelled something sweet as I was pouring what I thought was chicken stock into the crockpot. It wasn't chicken stock. It was pineapple juice! Ugh! Note to self, you may want to consider labeling the containers you put in the freezer! Despite my mistake, this recipe turned out well and we enjoyed this for several meals as sandwiches with coleslaw and as quesadillas. There was still more leftover which I froze for a future meal.

Since this utilizes the crockpot, it was a perfect recipe to make during the heat wave that hit New England last week. If you're in for a heat wave this weekend or are hosting a July 4th picnic, you may want to dust off your crockpot and let it do the work while you sit in front of the air conditioning with a drink!

Check out A Taste of Home Cooking for the upcoming Recipe Swap Roundup: Burgers/Sandwiches.

Here is what you'll need:
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 4 lb pork shoulder roast
  • 1 cup homemade barbecue sauce
  • 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
  • 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 Tbsp chili powder
  • 4 cloves garlic, chopped
Place chopped onion in the bottom of crockpot. Place pork roast on top of onions.

Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Pour over roast.

Cover crockpot and cook on low for 9-10 hours, or until roast shreds easily with a fork.

Transfer roast from crockpot to a large cutting board. Shred roast using two forks. Return meat to crockpot, stir and cook for 30 minutes. Serves 10+.

Source: Dough See Dough

Comments (3)

Glad you enjoyed the pork! It sounds really good in quesadillas - I'll have to give that a try next time!

I made pulled pork last night. Of course there were leftovers. And now I know what to do with them!

I think pulled pork quesadillas count as a sandwich. :) A quesadilla is like a Mexican grilled cheese.

Thanks for being part of the recipe swaps!