spoon

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

Category: ,

After a week of heavy meals and overindulgent sweets, it always feels good to switch back to "normal" eating. Yesterday flipped that switch for me. The leftovers were gone and I didn't want anything resembling a holiday meal, and I'm craving crisp vegetables like crazy. This morning was no different. Actually, last night I felt the need to make a good oatmeal this morning since I've been terrible about eating breakfast this past week.


I guess some might say that Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal has an overindulgent holiday feel to it, but pumpkin is a year round flavor in my house. Plus, pumpkin is really good for you, so it's a win all around. Go ahead and start your New Year off right with a big steaming bowl of oatmeal!

Here is what you'll need:
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup milk or unsweetened almond milk (almond milk is super yummy here!)
  • 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/16 tsp ground cloves
  • 1/16 tsp ground nutmeg
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 cup rolls oats
Combine water, milk, pumpkin, brown sugar and spices in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Add oatmeal. Combine well and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serves 1.

Source: An Adventures in My Kitchen Original

Comment (1)

Our fridge is empty, but we're not really home yet. Next week I'm going to fill it with all kinds of tasty treats.