spoon

Cappuccino Fudge

Category: , ,

Today begins my Week of Sweet Treats! 

Christmas is often a time known for sweet treat in our family. I have many memories of making dozens and dozens of cookies since childhood. Recipes varied from easy to complex. Over the last 5 years or so I've tried to stick to easy, and in doing so branched out to different candies as well.

The recipes I'm sharing with you this week are all easy ones! I hope you'll get inspired to make some for your family as well.

I'll begin with a recipe that was new to me last year as last year became known as the year of fudge around here. It is so easy to make and always well received. This Cappuccino Fudge would be a perfect gift for any coffee lover as it delivers an afternoon jolt in a bite or two!
Top: Cappuccino Fudge, Bottom: Irish Cream Fudge
This fudge is on the softer side, so I'm recommending keeping it refrigerated.

Here is what you'll need:
  • 7 oz marshmallow cream
  • ½ cup granulated sugar
  • 2/3 cup heavy cream
  • ¼ cup butter
  • 1 tsp instant coffee
  • ¼ tsp cinnamon
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
Line an 8 inch square baking dish with aluminum foil and set aside.

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine marshmallow cream, sugar, cream, butter, coffee, cinnamon and salt. Stir constantly while bringing to a boil. Continue to boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth.

Pour into lined baking pan. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before cutting. Makes 36 small pieces. Keep refrigerated.

Source: Annie's Eats

Comment (1)

I've been all over the fudge this year!