spoon

Irish Cream Fudge

Category: , ,

My Week of Sweet Treats continues with something boozy! I'm not a big drinker, but Irish Cream is something I like to keep on hand, especially during the holidays. When I saw Melissa post this Irish Cream Fudge last year I knew it had to make an appearance on my holiday trays.

I was a big fan of this unusual combination. It is super sweet, so I recommend cutting it into very small pieces (my pieces were too big!). And obviously if you gift this on a tray, be sure to label it or include a note. We don't want any tipsy children stumbling upon Santa! 

I have my sights on experimenting with chocolate chips and mint flavored Bailey's next. Keep your eyes peeled for this one!

Here is what you'll need:
  • 36 oz white chocolate chips
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup Irish cream liquor, plus 3-4 tablespoons
  • 1/3 cup salted pistachios, chopped
Line a 9 inch square baking dish with foil, allowing the foil to hang over the sides of the pan. Lightly grease pan, I used cooking spray, and set aside.

In a medium sauce pan over low heat, combine chocolate chips, condensed milk and liquor. Stir constantly until chocolate has almost melted.

Remove from heat and stir constantly until chocolate is melted and smooth. Add pistachios and stir until incorporated.

Pour into lined baking pan. Let cool until set. Lift fudge by foil and remove from pan. Remove foil and cut fudge. Makes 64 small squares.

Comment (1)

alcoholic treats are perfect for the holidays!