spoon

Strawberry Pancakes with Strawberry Maple Compound Butter

Category: , ,

It's recipe swap time! This time the theme is Secret Recipe Club Style, meaning we are given a blog and can choose any recipe from it to make. I was given Lishie's blog, DeLish. It was really early, think 4:45 AM Sunday morning, when I started searching for what I would make. After searching for a while I got hungry and settled on something I could make for breakfast.


As I mentioned last week, strawberries are at a great price right now and I'm still looking for ways to use them up. I settled on these Strawberry Pancakes with Strawberry Pancakes with Strawberry Maple Compound Butter. This was my first experience with compound butter, I added the maple not sure how it would work out. I'm happy to have discovered how easy these are to make. I can see experiments with different flavor combinations in my future.

Here is what you'll need:

For the Pancakes:
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 Tbsp sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/4 sliced strawberries
  • butter (for the pan)
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt in a mixing bowl. Add egg and milk, and whisk together until smooth. Add strawberries and gently stir until combined.

Melt 1/2 Tbsp butter in a small frying pan over medium heat. Pour ~1/2 cup batter into pan and allow to cook about 3-4 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown and the top is covered in bubbles. Flip the pancake over and cook the second for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.

To serve, plate and top with a small dollop of compound butter (recipe below) and maple syrup. Makes 5 pancakes.

For the Butter:
  • 4 Tbsp butter, softened to room temperature
  • 2 Tbsp finely chopped strawberries
  • 2 tsp maple syrup
Combine ingredients in a small food processor. Pulse 15-20 seconds to combine. Transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate to set-up.
    Source: Slightly adapted from Delish

    Comments (3)

    So glad you enjoyed them & found compound butter- we love it in the D household- savory & sweet :)

    The butter sounds good enough to eat on its own!

    These look great. I love the maple compound butter - what an awesome idea!

    Thanks for being part of the recipe swaps!