spoon

Bacon and Egg Salad Sandwiches

Category: , ,

Bacon, it's everywhere in the blogosphere, but it's not a trend I gravitated toward. That is until I saw this fun play on Bacon and Eggs on Oprah.com, Bacon and Egg Salad Sandwiches. Genius! I'm pretty sure that's what my guests were thinking as they quickly gobbled these up. I will definitely be making these again, and I'm looking for an excuse to make them soon (excess Easter eggs, anyone?!)!

 

I mixed the egg salad the night before and assembled the sandwiches a few hours before the party. I opted to place cooked bacon on top in order to avoid it getting soggy. I suppose I could have just crumbled the bacon and given the salad a stir before assembling too.

Here is what you'll need:
  • 6 hard-boiled eggs , chopped
  • 6 Tbsp mayonnaise
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
  • Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 8 strips bacon, cut in thirds and cooked until crisp
  • 12 mini rolls, sliced (I used potato rolls)
Add the eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl and combine well. Scoop a heaping tablespoon of egg salad onto each roll.

Place 2 pieces of bacon on each sandwich. Makes 12 mini sandwiches.
    Source: Adapted from Oprah.com

    Comments (2)

    This was my favorite of all the food items that were at the party! YUMMY! Nicole and I wanted to eat them all. The egg mixture was delicious and the bacon just topped it all of to make this recipe a winner. Can't wait to enjoy them at future gatherings!! :)

    I don't know how I never thought to put bacon in my egg salad before, but I certainly will now.