spoon

One-Pot Rosemary Chicken and White Beans

Category: , , , , , ,

When I first scanned the ingredient list of this recipe I immediately knew we would like it. After tweaking the recipe a few times, we LOVE it! One-Pot Rosemary Chicken and White Beans is not only packed with protein, but I've bumped up the produce, for a well balanced dish that comes together in no time. This has quickly become a weeknight go-to meal in our house, and after trying it I can imagine this will easily become a go-to in your house as well.


This latest version happened accidentally when JR picked up escarole at the store. I'd never cooked with escarole before, however, I'm happy this was an accidental purchase because I have a new love to work with in the kitchen. This is such a simple delicious meal, I hope you'll try it in your kitchen this week. Don't forget to serve it with some crusty bread for dipping!
 
I'm sending this post out to Jey at The Jey of Cooking in honor of her mom who received a heart transplant almost 1 year ago. Jey, I'm so glad to hear your mom receive a second chance at life! If you'd like to help Jey spread the word about her cause, check out her post here.

Here is what you'll need:
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1 spring fresh rosemary, chopped
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2 chicken, cut into 5 pieces (drumstick, thigh, wing and split the breast into 2 pieces)
  • 1 fennel bulb, diced
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup white wine
  • 28 oz canned plum tomatoes, low-salt or no-salt added preferred
  • 15 oz canned cannellini beans, rinsed
  • 1/2 head escarole, rough chopped
Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Season chicken with rosemary, salt and pepper. Sear chicken in dutch oven for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned. Remove the skin and move all the chicken pieces to one side of the pot (stack it up if needed).

Add fennel and onion to the pot, and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften and brown about 5-8 minutes. Add garlic, stir and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.

Rearrange chicken to evenly distribute among vegetables in the pot. Add wine to the pot, allow to simmer and scrape bottom of pot with wooden spoon to remove browned bits. Add tomatoes and their juice, and crush with wooden spoons. Add beans, stir and cover. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10-15 minutes.

Remove cover, add escarole and stir. Cover and allow to cook for 10 minutes. Serves 4.

Source: Adapted from Cooking Light

Comments (4)

I love escarole as a sub for spinach sometimes.

This sounds delicious girly!

I don't have a ton of experience with escarole, so I'm excited to try it. This sounds delicious!

Thanks for participating in my event!

What is better than a one pot dish! Especially a healthy one :)Can't wait to try this one. Thanks for sharing.

I nominated your blog for the Versatile Blogger Award. Check it out: http://becomingpigzilla.com/2012/04/13/the-versitile-blogger-award/