spoon

Spicy Ranch Chicken Wings

Category: ,

Another case of not reading the recipe through, seriously, when will I learn! Let me tell you what happened. We were planning to grill wings our usual way, but the weather wasn't great. So, JR asked me to find a different recipe which we could bake in the oven. I've been trying to utilize my cookbooks more, so I began thumbing through and found a recipe for which I was sure we had all the ingredients. Score! 

 

I began reading off the ingredients and JR began putting them into a mixing bowl. Right after he dumped the wings in we realized something wasn't right. I referred back to the recipe and sure enough we were doing it wrong. But no worries, these turned out great! And I will be sure to give you the correct instructions here so you don't end up with the congealed mess that we had

What I liked about these wings was that they had flavor, not just heat, but a nice balance of spices. JR appreciated that as well, because Buffalo Wings are not on his radar. We had these for our meal while we watched the Super Bowl, but these would be great as an appetizer at your next party.

Here is what you'll need:
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1/4 cup hot sauce (I used 1 1/2 Tbsp Sriracha)
  • 3 Tbsp vinegar
  • 2 1/2 lbs chicken wings
  • 1 envelope ranch dressing mix (I used Green Onion Dressing mix)
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.

In a medium bowl mix butter, hot sauce and vinegar. Dip each wing in mixture and place on baking sheet.

Sprinkle ranch dressing and paprika over wings. Bake 30-40 minutes or until browned.

Serves ~5 (4 wings each serving).

Source: Weekend Cook

Comments (2)

These sound great, I love wings!

trying these today for the Mayweather-Cotto fight...i tweaked the sauce with the Sriracha sauce as well and I'm IN LOVE!!!!