spoon

Butternut Squash Fries

Category: , ,

Earlier this week I posted this Grilled Chipotle Yogurt Chicken, and in the background you probably noticed that yummy looking squash.  That's another Weight Watcher recipe for Butternut Squash Fries which came in a weekly meeting pamphlet.  I love sweet potato fries and figured these would be similar so I gave them a try.

 

This isn't so much a recipe as it is a method, and a method I will definitely use again.  These were a perfect side to balance the chipotle in the chicken.  I did use olive oil instead of cooking spray, and I would probably do this again.

Here is what you'll need:
  • 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4 inch sticks (I used about 3/4 of a medium one)
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil 
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Place squash on baking sheet.  Drizzle with olive oil, and use your hands to coat well.  Sprinkle with salt and chili powder.

Roast for 7-8 minutes.  Turn the squash and roast another 7-8 minutes until browned.  Serves 4.

Comments (0)