spoon

Grilled Chipotle Yogurt Chicken

Category: , ,

I'm so happy spring weather is finally making an appearance!  I sure do hope it plans to stick around because I can't wait to have more meals like this one. Are you looking forward to lighter spring meals also?

This recipe came to me in the mail from Weight Watchers with perfect timing.  I had just used a partial can of chipotles in adobo for another recipe and was trying to find another use for the rest of the can.  Not only did this one use the chipotles, I had everything else on hand and it came together very easily.  If you make this, plan a little ahead because it does need at least an hour (you could probably get away with 30 minutes) to marinate.

I served this with sliced apple and Butternut Squash Fries to round out a healthy meal!

I followed the recipe as written, here is what you'll need:
  • 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt (I used Greek)
  • 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced
  • 1 large garlic clove, crushed
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1 1/2 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts
Mix yogurt, chipotle, garlic and cumin in a bowl large enough to fit all the chicken.

Season chicken with salt and pepper.  Place in bowl, and stir until well coated.  Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.

Preheat grill, or grill pan on high.  Lower heat to medium-high, place chicken on grill and allow to cook approx. 6 minutes.  Turn and cook another 6 minutes*.  Allow to set a few minutes before slicing.  Serves 6.

*Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of your chicken.  It is cooked when it feels firm and juices run clear.

Source: Weight Watchers

Comments (2)

Looks delicious, really makes me miss having a grill.

This looks wonderful