spoon

BBQ Meatloaf

Category: , , ,

Meatloaf is not on the top of my favorite foods list.  Not at all.  Actually, I have a long standing joke with my Gram.  When I ask her "what's for dinner?", if she replies, "your favorite", that means meatloaf and mashed potatoes.  I know, I'm not normal.


This meatloaf, however, I will eat.  Probably because I have so much stuff going on in it, it doesn't remind me of traditional meatloaf.  I also use ground turkey which has a different texture and flavor than ground beef.  I'm sure this would work well with ground beef if that's your preference.

Here is what you'll need:
  • 20 oz. ground turkey
  • 1 small onion, dice
  • 1 small green pepper, diced
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten
  • 1/4 cup bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup, plus 4 Tbsp, BBQ sauce, separated
  • 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.

Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and combine until thoroughly mixed.

Form into 4 small loaves and place on baking sheet.  Top each loaf with 1 Tbsp BBQ sauce.

Bake for 30-35 minutes until cooked through.  Serves 4.

Comments (0)