spoon

Minty Green Smoothie (healthier alternative to the famous green shake)

Category: , ,

Every year around this time I, along with millions of other people, wait for the arrival of a famous minty green shake. Every year after I consume the famous minty green shake, I feel regret. Why? Because normally it's in addition to a meal from the same establishment, meaning the shake was not the meal, and based on the number of calories it has, it's more than enough for a meal!


You see a small size minty green shake has 540 calories, 16 grams of fat, 74 grams of sugar and 10 g of protein. Are you stunned? Don't fret, you can make my Minty Green Smoothie and feel better about it because it has 382 calories, 7 grams of fat, 17 grams of sugar and 33 grams of protein. The best part is that you can even enjoy this for breakfast, and it will keep you full!

I'm so happy I no longer have to feel regret and I can have this any time I want, all year round!

Here is what you'll need:
  • 1 cup 1% milk
  • 2 scoops of vanilla whey protein powder (I use Pure Protein Vanilla Cream)
  • 8-10 ice cubes
  • 3/4 tsp peppermint extract
  • 3 drops green food coloring (optional)
Place all ingredients in a blender. Using the ice crush setting, blend for 30 seconds. Switch to the blend setting, and blend for 10-15 seconds.

Serves 1 (~2 cups).

Source: Adventures in My Kitchen original

Comments (0)