spoon

Buttermilk Herb Dip

Category: , , ,

Finger foods Day 3. I had leftover buttermilk from Irish Soda Bread, so I knew I wanted to incorporate this into a dip for my vegetable platter. I was happy to come across this Buttermilk Pepper Dip on Simple Bites which I used for my base (by the way, isn't their presentation adorable!). I love using low-fat buttermilk in recipes, and the fact that along with light sour cream it helps cut back the calories and fat while boosting flavor!


I prepared this the night before, which I would recommend doing to allow the flavors to develop. I'm happy to have a little leftover to munch on and will definitely be making it again!

Here is what you'll need:
  • 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup light sour cream
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 Tbsp Penzey's Sunny Paris Seasoning

Mix all ingredients together and allow to chill before serving.  Makes 1 1/2 cups.

Source: Adapted from Simple Bites

Comments (3)

Sounds great,,,I have never heard of Penzy's Sunny Paris seasoning. Is it difficult to find? Did Melissa know this was healthy too? :)

Penzey's is a spice store, and they always have Sunny Paris when I stop in. You could use any herb seasoning mix your prefer.

I never have my stuff together enough to make dips the night before, but you're right, they're so much better the next day.