spoon

Basic Waffles

Category: , ,

JR isn't much of a breakfast eater, but once and awhile on the weekends he'll request pancakes. I, on the other hand, wake up hungry. Who's with me here?! 

A few weeks ago JR mentioned pancakes and I suggested waffles since I just pulled the waffle iron out of the abyss (a.k.a. the hallway closet). He happily agreed and this batch was gone within 24 hours. JR ate his with syrup, and then later as a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I topped mine with Cranberry Orange Sauce, yum!



If you're new to waffles, this is a great, no fuss recipe to test out your waffle iron. These also freeze beautifully, and can go from freezer to toaster to your belly in minutes. Enjoy!

Here is what you'll need:
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups milk (I used fat free)
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4-1/2 tsp vanilla 
Preheat waffle iron. Spray waffle iron with non-stick spray, or carefully rub vegetable oil over waffle iron.

Whisk together eggs and milk. Add remaining ingredients and whisk until well combined.


Pour 1 cup of batter into preheated waffle iron and cook according to your appliances directions. For crisper waffles, I toast mine in the toaster oven for a few minutes. Makes 4 waffles.

Source: Adapted from Rosemary Brown's Big Kitchen Instruction Book

Comments (0)