spoon

Berry Iced Tea

Category: ,

This Summer was HOT!  I shouldn't complain, because I know the South is experienced (is still experiencing) a brutal heat.  I'm sure they would appreciate sipping on this refreshing Berry Iced Tea.

I love iced tea and I tend to drink it quite often, especially during Summer.  Usually I buy those little packets that you just mix with water.  You know the ones that are made of mostly chemicals?  Yeah, those.  It's really a matter of convenience for me, because I don't like to consume sugar in my beverages.  So I buy the sugar-free stuff and call it a day.

 

It's really a shame that I don't take more time to make brewed iced tea more often, because it's very good and so much better for you than the chemical packets.  I didn't follow a recipe for this, you really don't need one, this is just a starting point and you can adjust to your preference for strength and flavor.

If you're fortunate enough to freeze berries when they are at their peak, you can make this all year round.  Or, you can buy frozen berries at the store and keep them on hand for when the urge strikes.

Here is what you'll need:

  • 2 quarts water
  • 8 oz. frozen mixed berries 
  • 5 black tea bags 
  • 3 raspberry herbal tea bags
  • 1/3 cup agave syrup (or more to taste)
Combine water, mixed berries and tea bags in stock pot.  Heat over medium heat until liquid comes to a simmer.  Turn off heat and allow to set for 5 minutes.  

Pour mixture through fine mesh strainer into juice container.  Press berries to extract all their juice.

Add agave to liquid and stir.  Chill before serving.  Serve over ice with a sprig of mint.  Serves 8.

Source: Adventures In My Kitchen original

Comments (0)