I was recently called out for not updating my blog. If I recall correctly, last summer my posts also took a plunge. It must be the heat that does it to me. Can anyone else relate to it just being too hot to cook? Even though that's how I felt most of the summer, I do have a few things to share with you in the coming weeks. Which by the way, I'll have a lot of time on my hands starting next week so you'll be seeing more posts from me.
But first, I thought I'd update you on my garden which did AWESOME this year! We've enjoyed so much fresh picked produce and I've also been busy preserving so we'll have our own produce for a few more months. So far I've been able to put up the following:
- Quartered Tomatoes, canned - 2 quarts, 9 pints
- Quartered Tomatoes, frozen - 1 gallon bag (and still many more to come!)
- Tomato Juice, canned - 3 pints
- Garlic Dill Pickles, canned - 4 pints
- Sweet Sandwich Pickles, canned - 3 pints
- Peas, frozen - 1 cup
- Sugar Snap Peas, frozen - 5 cups
- Turnip, frozen - 2-1/2 gallon bags
- Buttercup Squash, frozen - 1/2 gallon bag
- Rhubarb, frozen - 2 cups (farmer's market)
- Blueberries, frozen - 9 pints (pick-your-own)
|Eggplant, tomatillo, radish and brussel sprouts (peppers are upper left)|
Leave me a comment to let me know what you were able to preserve this year!