spoon

Knock-off Tabbouleh

Category: , , , ,

Warning, this post contains parsley!  That may not be alarming to you, but it is a big deal for me.  I really thought I didn't like parsley, so much so that I contemplating making this with cilantro, however, I decided I needed to give parsley another try.  I'm glad I did, because it's not that bad afterall.
 
Are you wondering why this is labeled "knock-off"?  Basically because I didn't follow a recipe, and I'm pretty sure this isn't authentic in any way.  I wanted something similar to a dish I had for lunch at a Moroccan restaurant a few weeks back, and based on what I recall of the dish I came up with this.

I served this with whole wheat pita, raw cucumbers, baby carrots, grape tomatoes and hummus.  When you stuff all of these components in the pita you have yourself a delicious sandwich!

Here's what you'll need:

  • 2 cups cooked couscous
  • 1/2 cup diced English cucumber
  • 1/2 cup quartered grape tomatoes
  • ~1 Tbsp chopped mint leaves
  • ~ 1/2 cup chopped Parsley
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 garlic clove minced
Combine all ingredients together in a bowl.  Let sit in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.  Serves 2 for lunch, 4 as a side.

Comments (0)