spoon

Summer Corn and Tomato Salad

Category: , , , ,

I'm always looking for new ways to utilize these star vegetables of summer.  This salad is inspired by this corn soup recipe I started making 2 summers ago (I hope to make and blog this soon).  Since I had both a leftover ear of corn and fresh tomatoes on hand, and I knew they went well together I decided to make a light salad to accompany our Shrimp Burgers.


The corn and scallions tied in nicely with the burgers.  I just used a bit of vinegar to give it some flavor, but still keep the flavor mild which I appreciated for balancing out the tartness of the burger's tartar sauce.

Here is what you'll need:
  • corn kernels, cut from 2 fresh cobs of corn
  • 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
  • 2 Tbsp chopped scallions
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tsp red wine vinegar
  • sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in a small bowl and combine well.  Let sit for a 20 minutes before serving.   Serves 2 as a side.

Comments (2)

I'm so inspired by all your dishes, I can't wait to start trying some of your recipes! Thank you for sharing your blog with me

Thank you for your sweet comments. I hope you enjoy the dishes you try!